HIGH POINT – International Society of Furniture Design has named Liz Moore from Otto & Moore is the new 2022 ISFD chairman of the board, succeeding Tim O’Hare from Hooker. Steve Wilcox from Furnishings Design Inc. is the new board president, succeeding Moore.
In addition, the board voted to add six new members to the board of directors.
Due to COVID-19, the ISFD had postponed the regular addition of new members to the board of directors for nearly two years.
“We offer our sincere appreciation to the members who agreed to extend their terms and remain on the board during this time,” said Moore. “Thanks, too, to Karla Jones from the Bienenstock Furniture Library and Adria Salvatore from AWFS who agreed to stay on the board for an additional year at the request of the ISFD executive committee. We are also excited to welcome six new members to our board.”
New to the ISFD board of directors are:
- Catina Roscoe, a freelance furniture designer and founder of Catina Unlimited Design, Inc. Roscoe is also a past ISFD president and chairman.
- Laura Niece is a senior designer at Otto & Moore and a Kendall College of Art & Design graduate who has won multiple Pinnacle Awards.
- Justin Stab is the owner/principal of Stabb Designs based in High Point. Stabb along with Taylor West are credited with bringing the Generator, featuring SCM equipment, to Congdon Yards. The Generator enables start-ups and small companies to have access to state-of-the-art-technology.
- Jaye Anna Mize is vice president of creative, specializing in the Home Interiors & Design Divisions, for the trend-forecasting agency, Fashion Snoops. Mize is skilled in understanding consumer behavior and how that connects to product development, lifestyle forecasting, brand development and retail strategies.
- Dr. Bryle Henderson Hatch is the executive director of the Minority Entrepreneurship Initiative (MEI) with The National Institute for Minority Economic Development.
- Nicole Resetar is a strategy and financial management associate for the Concierge LOB at Compass, Inc. Resetar pairs her business and finance acumen with a focus on user experience to bring strategic growth plans from concept through execution.
Leading the executive committee are: Executive Director John Conrad; Chairman Liz Moore, designer for Otto & Moore; President Steve Wilcox, Principal/President of Furnishings Design; Treasurer Jack Hendrix, partner Hendrix Barney & Co, CPAs; and Vice Presidents Tom Conley, president High Point Market Authority; Chase Ryan, Chase Ryan Furniture; and Lauren West, global color and designs manager, Sherwin Williams.