Applied Finishes and Materials — Wallcoverings winner, Astratta Miami project; Manufacturer: Astek | Designer: Elisa Passino.
CHICAGO – The International Interior Design Assn., a commercial interior design association that works across 58 countries, has announced the winners of the 2022 IIDA/HD Expo Product Design Awards. The competition honored products that excelled across seven criteria including aesthetics, cost and value, design innovation, environmental responsibility, need, technical advancements and usage.
This year’s jury of design professionals included HGA Senior Interior Designer and Associate Vice President Mari Ansera, IIDA, NOMA; Perkins&Will Senior Associate and Senior Interior Designer Mike Johnson II, IIDA; and One Line Design Studio LLC Project Designer Jason Valentin, IIDA.
“The focus on comfort and connection with the user are key to the hospitality industry’s success,” said IIDA Executive Vice President and CEO Cheryl S. Durst, Hon. FIIDA. “This year’s winning selections offer all of these elements and more as designers, manufacturers and the industry continue to anticipate and exceed guest expectations.”
The winners of the 2022 IIDA/HD Expo Product Design Awards are:
- Eric Engstrom Best of Competition: manufacturer: Ethnicraft; product: Oak Eye Dining Chair; designer: Alain Van Havre.
- Applied Finishes and Materials — Wallcoverings: manufacturer: Astek; product: Astratta Miami; designer: Elisa Passino.
Manufacturer: Phillip Jeffries; product: Adorn.
- Textiles — Upholstery: manufacturer: Fabricut Contract; product: Supreen Performance Fabrics.
- Flooring — Carpets or Rugs: manufacturer: Nanimarquina; product: Tones; Designer: Clàudia Valsells.
- Seating — Individual, Outdoor Seating: manufacturer: Janus et Cie; product: Kyoto Rattan.
- Seating — Individual, Dining Seating: manufacturer: Ethnicraft: product: Oak Eye Dining Chair; designer: Alain Van Havre.
- Case Goods and Freestanding Furniture — Individual Furnishing Items: manufacturer: Room and Board; product: Amherst.
- Accessories or Specialties — Artwork, Signage, Accent Pieces: manufacturer: Vestaboard product: Vestaboard; designers: Faiza Moore, Fred Bould and Anson Cheung.
- Accessories or Specialties — Operations Supplies/Amenities: manufacturer: Duravit; product: Sensowash Shower Toilet.